BRUNO by Raymond van Over
Winner’s Presentation and Reading:
A reading of the winning new play and presentation of the $1000.00 Kaplan Prize
was held on Saturday, March 25 at 2:30
For over 10 years, Eventide Theatre Company showcases an array of Cape Cod creative voices, including our annual New Playwrights, New Plays: the Jeremiah Kaplan Playwriting Competition and Performance. We accept full length play manuscripts (deadline for the 2018 competition is June 1, 2017), which includes the following:
• your play is read by an established playwright who provides an in-depth written critique
• he is available for some post critique discussion via e-mail
• we hold a public reading of your play (should you wish), inviting interested individuals to attend, with questions and reactions to follow
• you have an opportunity to pursue workshops and consultations
• you are provided with time after the critique to work on your play, then
• we employ three individuals to read all submitted plays and reach a decision on the winning play
• we select a director and actors, conduct rehearsals working with the playwright, and stage 2 readings of the play on our stage before paying audiences.
• Present a check for $1000 to the winning playwright.
We are looking at a June 1 commitment date, September 1 submission of a full draft for critique, public readings in September – December, January 1st final submission, February 1 decision, and performance dates to be determined. Entry fee is $25.