The Eventide Theatre Company and director Toby Wilson will be holding auditions for Thornton Wilder’s Pulitzer Prize winning play “Our Town”. The auditions will take place on Thursday, December 2, at 6:30 pm, and on Saturday, December 4, at 2:00 pm at the Dennis Union Church, 713 Main Street, Dennis. Please enter from the back entrance. Please be prepared to read from the play.
Production dates are February 24-March 13, Thursday through Saturday at 7:00 pm, and Sundays at 2:00 pm.
Described by playwright Edward Albee as “the greatest American play ever written,” “Our Town” concerns the lives of the residents of Grover’s Corners, a small town in New Hampshire. We are guided through their lives by the omniscient character known as the Stage Manager, who tells the audience about who the residents’ are and revealing their relationships, hopes, dreams and challenges. Performed with minimal amount of props and staging, the play has been a perennial favorite with audiences across the world.
Perusal copies of the play will be available at the Dennis Memorial Library. For more information, contact Toby Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note: You must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 in order to be considered for any roles.
Please bring a copy of your vaccination card. Masks must be worn inside the building.
**Please note: the part of the Stage Manager and Mrs. Soames have been cast.
- Emily Webb – one of the main characters; we follow her from a precocious young girl through her wedding to George Gibbs 18-24 years old
- George Gibbs – the other main character; the boy next door, a kind but irresponsible teenager who matures over time. 18-25 years old.
- Frank Gibbs – George’s father, the town doctor. 45-55 years old.
- Julia (Hersey) Gibbs – George’s mother. 40-55 years old
- Charles Webb – Emily and Wally’s father, Editor of the Grover’s Corners Sentinel. 45-60 years old.
- Myrtle Webb – Emily and Wally’s mother. 40-55 years old.
- Joe and Si Crowell – local paperboys. 10-12 years old
- Simon Stimson – the choir director and church organist and an angry alcoholic. 30-50 years old
- Howie Newsome – the milkman, a fixture of Grover’s Corners. 35-50 years old
- Rebecca Gibbs – George’s younger sister. 12-14 years old
- Wallace “Wally” Webb – Emily’s younger brother. 12-14 years old
- Professor Willard – a rather long-winded lecturer 45-70 years old
- Constable Bill Warren – the policeman 50-70 years old
- Joe Stoddard – the undertaker 45-70 years old
- Sam Craig – a nephew of Mrs. Gibbs who left town to seek his fortune. 30 years old